Wednesday, May 30, 2007

jordan shoes man shoes

Roberts Hopes To Take Pressure Off Bonds

The way Dave Roberts sees it, the San Francisco Giants have to do more than just watch Barry Bonds.

"I think this team has obviously always been centered around Barry and waiting for him to do something really special, but I think guys up and down the lineup still need to do their jobs," Roberts said. "For me, it's needing to get on base and provide energy and stealing bases. That's my job, my role this year and I'm excited about my role."

For the first time in years, the Giants have a prototypical leadoff man in Roberts. He is energetic, gets on base and regularly steals bags. He's also a welcoming, friendly face to his teammates in the clubhouse who has been a fan favorite at every stop.

Roberts will bat in front of Omar Vizquel, giving San Francisco two base-stealing threats at the top of the lineup the Giants hope will be key in making the club a contender again.

No comments: